On the way to a wireless world: the 5 most prominent trends in wireless charging
13 Března 2019
The 5 most important trends
- 1. Reverse wireless charging
- Apple is expected to launch its AirPower this year. It will allow you to charge several devices at once. Huawei is doing something similar. The Huawei Mate 20 Pro lets you charge your iPhones and other Android phones wirelessly: reverse wireless charging.
- 2. Wireless charging for electric cars
- Hybrid cars are gaining in popularity, but no one wants to get stranded with a dead battery. BMW is the first car manufacturer to develop a wireless charging system for hybrid cars. It will be available from July of 2019 for the BMW 530e iPerformance plug-in hybrid.
- 3. A wireless world
- The business sector also continues to come up with new applications for wireless chargers. Think of e.g. office furniture with integrated charging capabilities, restaurant tables that charge your smartphone (for free) or a kitchen counter that powers your coffee machine via wireless charging.
- 4. Bridging the gap with wireless technology
- Do you remember when the first generation of wireless chargers only allowed for a distance of a few centimetres between the charger and the product? For new chargers, that distance has increased to ten centimetres – and the technology continues to develop rapidly. The expectation is therefore that it will soon be possible to transfer electricity efficiently across distances of several metres. If we look even further into the future, charging cables will become entirely obsolete. We will simply place our robot vacuums and power drills near a docking station. How easy is that?
- 5. Qi technology
- The number of applications for wireless charging is growing rapidly – as is the number of products that have wireless charging capabilities. Qi technology, from the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC), seems to become the market leader. In addition to Qi technology, technologies based on radiofrequency (RF) and infrared (IR) are also becoming increasingly popular.
Interesting topics regarding charging appliances within your organisation?
We can turn your idea into a practical product
Rompa Group keeps a close eye on the latest developments in the world of wireless charging. We have the knowledge and expertise to collaborate with you and develop products that you can bring to market. We will assist you throughout the entire development process from initial design to final product. If you want to know more about how we can translate your idea for a wireless charger into a tangible product, you can contact Peter Dielissen, our charging specialist, via phone +31 (6) 2972 1173 or email: email@example.com.