28 Března 2017
Logistics - Rompa Hong Kong
1. Who is Debby Lam in a nutshell and what is your function at the Rompa Group?
“I am a shipping clerk at RHK and mainly responsible for logistics work.”
2. How long have you been working for the Rompa Group and is your current position your first position at the Rompa Group?
“I have been working for this company for four years now. My current position is my first position at RHK, but I have lots of work experience through previous jobs such as reception and accounting works.”
3. Tell me how a typical day at the office looks like. What do you do and who do you speak?
“The RHK office is small and it is a very nice and comfortable place to work. During a normal day at the office I have to arrange material imports, shipments, reception works, sending samples, issue invoices etc. etc. Mostly I talk with my direct colleagues (both in HK and elsewhere in China), my boss Jesse and supplier and shipping companies.”
4. Which competences should a person have in order to work in Logistics?
“Well, one should be smart in order to deal with logistics emergencies. Furthermore one should work very efficient and have good communication skills.”
5. What makes Rompa…. Rompa? And what makes Rompa unique in the plastics industry?
“Rompa is a nice and successful company. The company has broadens my view on plastic products and production. Rompa is in my opinion unique because it had a vast experience in thermoforming and molding production already for decades! Besides that Rompa can also provide decoration, assembly and logistic services from which our customers can benefit. Rompa can do nearly everything as our customers want. That’s pretty unique.”
6. What do you contribute to the company?
“I deal with all parties and arrange material import to China on time. By doing that we are able to produce and ship the samples and products for all our customer….in time.”
7. What makes a day a good day for you?
“Well, if you look at everything as interesting, then you will have a good day, each and every day.”
8. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
“Then I have become even more specialized in Logistics.”
9. Who is your example, your role model?
“Jesse, my boss. Although he is the boss, he is very nice for us and he works hard every day. I can learn from him, because he is very capable. He has so many skills of all molding and thermoforming aspects, including plastic products, production, transport, management and so on. One day I would like to become as successfull as him.”
10. What is your motto?
“Enough is as good as a feast”